Because you are visually impaired it is harder for you to get into employment. This means that you are therefore entitled to claim ESA (employment support allowance).

Similar to PIP, ESA is a payment given to you each month. It can be claimed alongside PIP and is dependent upon how many hours you or your partner work (if you or your partner work over a certain number of hours you will not be entitled to this allowance).

If you try to claim ESA then you can start the process by ringing the DWP (0800 055 6688). Following this you will once again have to undertake an assessment this one is related to your capability to work. You will then be categorised and will begin to receive the benefit if you are deemed eligible.